Borderlands 3 won't launch on Steam, but everything else about it is typical for a big budget PC game release, which means that of course there are four increasingly pricey editions to chose from.
The standard version will be $60, and just includes the game, though pre-ordering any edition gets you "gold weapon skins" and a "weapon trinket," which is presumably a trinket one puts on a weapon.
In the middle of the pack, the $80 Deluxe Edition and the $100 Super Deluxe Edition include a bunch of in-game cosmetics as well as XP and loot boosts. Here's what you get in both of them:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head &skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head &skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
The Super Deluxe Edition gets its 'super' by also including a "Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod," as well as the season pass, which will unlock "four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges." After launch, the Super Deluxe Edition will go from $100 to $120.
I have confirmed with 2K that the season pass will also be available as a separate purchase, and that each DLC pack will be sold individually. Pricing hasn't been determined yet for that.
For those not worried about pricing at all, the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition costs $250, and includes everything from the Super Deluxe edition, as well as a bunch of physical items: a loot chest replica, ten character figurines, a Sanctuary 3 ship snap model, four keychains, a "cloth galaxy map," five character art lithographs, and a Steelbook case.
Aside from including far more plastic than is healthy for human life on Earth, this edition tells us a little more about Borderlands 3. A space ship and galaxy map, eh? Here are the physical item descriptions from 2K:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot.
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.)
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand.
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault.
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands.
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins.
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
Borderlands 3 will release September 13, and the Epic Games Store will be the only place to get it on PC until April 2020. Here's everything else we know about Borderlands 3.