Anime News Network's coverage of Anime Expo 2019 is sponsored by Yen Press.
Funimation announced at its Anime Expo panel on Thursday that it will stream the television anime adaptation of Suu Minazuki's Plunderer manga as it airs in Japan. The anime will premiere in Japan in January 2020.
Hiroyuki Kanbe (Oreimo both seasons, Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!) is directing the series at studio Geek Toys (RErideD). Masashi Suzuki (Isuca, Lord of Vermilion: The Crimson King, Minami-ke: Okawari) is overseeing the series scripts, and Yuka Takashina (Dance with Devils), Yūki Fukuchi (chief animation director for Bakuon!!), and Hiroki Fukuda (key animator for I want to eat your pancreas) are designing the characters.
<!–The additional staff includes:
- Action Effects Animation Director: Satoshi Sakai, Masaharu Tomoda
- Design Works: Yoshiaki Tsubata, Hiroshi Numata
- Art Director: Kenta Tsuboi (Kusanagi)
- Color Design: Hitomi Ikeda
- Director of Photography: Keisuke Nozawa (Graphinica)
- Special 2D Works: Noriko Masuko
- Editing: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina
- Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi
- Sound Production: HALF H·P STUDIO
- Music: Junichi Matsumoto
- Music Production: Nippon Columbia
It's the year 305 of the Alcian calendar, and the world is controlled by numbers. Every human born is branded with a "Count,” which could mean anything from the number of kilometers walked to the amount of people who have said your food is tasty. And if your Count drops to 0… you'll be sent into the Abyss! After Hina's mother's Count dropped to 0, her last request is for Hina to look for the Legendary Red Baron.
Minazuki's Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property) manga inspired two television anime series, two anime films, and an OVA. Tokyopop, and later Viz Media, published Minazuki's five-volume Judas manga in English. Yen Press released Minazuki's four-volume Gou-dere Sora Nagihara manga in 2014-2015.
Source: Funimation's Anime Expo panel