Goodyear Philippines has recently unveiled its latest tire to join its Wrangler family, the Wrangler AT SilentTrac.
This, after the American tiremaker celebrated its centenary anniversary in the country.
The new product offering is tailored for confident drivers with a strong desire for adventure and the freedom to explore with full control over the wheels. Packed with the latest features of DuraWall Technology, drivers will be able to experience an all-terrain drive with extended mileage and quietness on the road.
Following the success of the Wrangler AT/SA, the Wrangler AT SilentTrac is designed to enhance driver’s experience by providing rugged toughness while delivering a smooth drive, plus an impressive on- and off-road handling performance without the noise.
The latest innovation introduces an upgraded DuraWall Technology that withstands rugged off-road use by resisting cuts and tears, allowing the versatility for drivers to go off-road at a moment’s notice. The improved rigid shoulder blocks and optimized tread pattern design deliver outstanding strength and reduced road noise for a quieter ride, while also resulting in excellent mileage and on- and off-road performance.
Alex Ng, Goodyear market director for the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Distributor Markets expressed excitement over the new offering in the country.
“We are thrilled to introduce this new product to cater to the growing SUV and pick-up truck markets in the Philippines,” said Ng. “We are confident that the Wrangler AT SilentTrac will fulfill the needs of the 4×4 market, having the best of both worlds with its off-road performance and durability complemented with a comfortable on-road experience. SUV and pick-up truck drivers can leisurely drive on rough roads with Wrangler AT SilentTrac’s increased traction and toughness, and drive home on paved roads with comfort.”
The new Wrangler AT SilentTrac is suitable for SUV and pick-up truck drivers who demand off-road durability, long-lasting tread life, and quiet performance.
The newly-launched Wrangler AT SilentTrac exhibits improved engineering and design benefits and features in the following areas:
- All-Terrain Performance: The advanced DuraWall Technology and optimized sidewall and tread provide superior off-road durability.
- Robust Traction Blocks: The new design features solid centerline blocks with abundant traction edges to deliver reliable all-terrain traction and robust for off-road toughness.
- DuraWall Technology: Wrangler AT SilentTrac’s innovated DuraWall Technology highlights a tough sidewall with thicker gauge and robust compound that provides greater resistance to cuts and punctures with high abrasion and tear resistance for a supportive off-road driving experience.
- Robust Tread Compound: The advanced tread compound with silica blend is developed to resist cutting and chipping during off-road without compromising wet traction on road.
- Quiet Performance: Wrangler AT SilentTrac’s refined tread design and revamped centerline and shoulder block design deliver a comfortable and quieter experience.
- Angled Centerline Blocks Design: The aggressive traction blocks are angled for a progressive impact to lower pattern noise.
- Solid Shoulders: The remodeled shoulders feature a combination of pronounced traction notches and solid ribs that result in a smoother impact on the road.
- Thicker Rubber Layer Under Tread to Absorb Vibration: The thicker rubber layer under tread softens contact with the road and reduces noise for a more pleasant ride.
- Mileage Performance: Goodyear engineers optimized the tread area for an even pressure distribution across the footprint, resulting in excellent mileage and great balance for on and off-road performance.
- Larger Wearable Rubber Volume: The new tread pattern includes an 8-percent increase in rubber volume for extended tread life.
- Robust Tread Compound: The advanced tread compound with silica blend presents a better resistance to road abrasion, resulting in superior tread wear.
- Optimized Cavity Shape: Wrangler AT SilentTrac’s updated cavity shape provides an enhanced contact patch allowing the load to be evenly distributed for extended mileage.
Furthermore, the Wrangler AT SilentTrac is packed with other essential advantages for a tougher and enduring on- and off-road experience, including a wider load range in comparison to its predecessor, improved and supported wet braking performance, a larger contact area for the benefit of braking performance, and a stiffer foundation of its solid shoulders for heavy handling.
The Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac is available in 15- to 18-inch rim diameters for SUV and pick-up truck vehicles, providing a first-class on-road comfort while ensuring an intensified resistance and strength for venturing off the bitumen. Moreover, the Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac comes with a Worry-Free Assurance program which gives drivers peace of mind on the road with a free 24/7 Emergency Roadside Assistance including a five-year warranty upon purchase.