MANILA — Former senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos, Jr. said Sunday he is "getting better" after being diagnosed last week with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
"Getting better naman. Alam kong gumagaling na ako so I'm bored! I hope you and yours are safe. Stay at home," Marcos said.
Marcos' spokesperson announced last Tuesday that the former senator had tested positive for the respiratory disease, as confirmed by the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
Marcos, son of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, had come from Spain, where tens of thousands had contracted the virus.
His sister Sen. Imee Marcos had earlier said that Bongbong was "unwell" after coming home from his European trip.
Marcos is recovering in an undisclosed "isolation area," his camp earlier said.
—Report from Sherrie Ann Torres, ABS-CBN News