The official Twitter account for the Evangelion anime revealed on Wednesday that dialogue recording has begun for Studio Khara's new Evangelion film, Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban :||. The post also revealed a photo of director Hideaki Anno's script.
The film will open in Japan in 2020.
The film's staff includes:
- CGI Animation Director: Yusuke Matsui
- CGI Technical Director: Takashi Suzuki
- CGI Modeling Director: Manabu Kobayashi
- CGI Animation: Masanori Iwasato, Ryōichi Nakama
- Rigging: Tsubasa Takabe
- Photography: Nanae Hirabayashi, Hiroaki Yabe, Toyonori Yamada
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
- Key Animation: Syūichi Iseki
- In-between Animation: Studio Khara
- Color Setting: Kazuko Kikuchi (Wish)
- Background Art: Tatsuya Kushida (Deho Gallery)
Khara, the studio behind director Hideaki Anno's new Evangelion films, confirmed in April 2017 that the next Shin Evangelion project is in production. Khara's official website also revealed in April 2017 that the studio was recruiting animators, modelers, technical staff, system engineers, and production managers. Tatsuya Kushida, the films' art director, revealed an image board for the final movie in July 2017.
The title for the final Evangelion film was announced back in 2012 as Evangelion Shin Gekijōban :||, or Evangelion: 3.0+1.0. The ":||" at the end of the Japanese title is meant to be the symbol used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.