MANILA – The Presidential Communications Operations Office has 8 active cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) as of 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
This was confirmed by PCOO Assistant Sec. JV Arcena.
He also said PCOO Sec. Martin Andanar tested negative for COVID-19 after undergoing swab tests on Thursday.
Andanar told ABS-CBN's Teleradyo Friday night that aside from the 8 active cases, one staff member died in April due to the virus.
"Hindi talaga pwede magkumpiyansa," he said.
Earlier in the day, the office of Radio Television Malacañang (RTVM) at the Palace compound was placed under lockdown after two of its personnel tested positive for COVID-19.
Both personnel who tested positive for the respiratory illness were asymptomatic, executive director Demic Pabalan told ABS-CBN News. RTVM is one of the agencies under PCOO.
The lockdown is expected to last until next week.
This comes as President Rodrigo Duterte is set to address the nation on Monday.–With a report from Arianne Merez, ABS-CBN News