Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it has licensed the television anime adaptation of DMM Games' Namu Amida Bu! -Rendai Utena- game under the title NAMUAMIDABUTSU! -UTENA-. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the show worldwide outside of Asia. The company will stream the series on select digital outlets this spring and will release the series on home video later.
Sentai Filmworks describes the series:
Long before superheroes, there were legends. One of them begins with Shaka Nyorai, whose bravery and enlightenment once saved humanity forever. But forever is fleeting because Mara, the personification of Earthly desires, forges a corrupt coalition with the devil to again visit wrath and vengeance upon humankind. To counter Mara's cruel attack, Taishakuten and Bonten, divine beings, must join forces with the Thirteen Buddhas. Can the allied powers of light defeat the vicious onslaught and save humankind in their darkest hour?
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX and BS11 on April 8, on KBS Kyoto on April 11, and on J:COM on April 12.
The anime's cast includes:
- Masaaki Mizunaka as Taishakuten (Śakra)
- Tomoaki Maeno as Bonten (Brahmā)
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Dainichi Nyorai (Vairocana)
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Ashuku Nyorai (Akṣobhya)
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Amida Nyorai (Amitābha)
- Showtaro Morikubo as Shaka Nyorai (Gautama Buddha)
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Yakushi Nyorai (Bhaiṣajyaguru)
- Ryūichi Kijima as Monju Bosatsu (Manjusri)
- Shun Horie as Fugen Bosatsu (Samantabhadra)
- Taku Yashiro as Jizō Bosatsu (Kṣitigarbha)
- Ayumu Murase as Miroku Bosatsu (Maitreya)
- Yūma Uchida as Kannō Bosatsu (Avalokiteśvara)
- Kōhei Amasaki as Seishi Bosatsu (Mahāsthāmaprāpta)
- Kishō Taniyama as Kokūzō Bosatsu (Ākāśagarbha)
- Kengo Kawanishi as Fudōmyō Ō (Acalanātha)
- Daiki Yamashita as Karuraten
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Ashura Ō (Asura)
- Takeo Ōtsuka as Māra
Akira Oguro (animation director for Cinderella Monogatari, The Brave Command Dagwon) is directing the anime at Asahi Production (You Don't Know Gunma Yet, Million Doll, Himegoto). Erika Yoshida (Trickster, Lupin III: Part IV) is in charge of series composition. Masato Katou (key animator for Ouran High School Host Club, Ixion Saga DT, Anonymous Noise) is designing the characters, and Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School idol project, Land of the Lustrous, The Eccentric Family) is composing the music.
Masaaki Mizunaka is performing the opening theme song "Amauta" (Heaven Song) as his character Taishakuten, and Chippoke Ōhashi is performing the ending theme song "Ruby."
Pre-registration for the game is available now. The game is slated for release this spring for iOS, Android, and PC.
Source: Press release